by Staff Monkeys
The economy might be in the toilet, but hiring is about to be brisk at the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS is gearing up to hire thousands of new agents to police whether you’ve bought a health insurance policy or not. Yep. Isn’t this change you can believe in?
- California might be broke and suffering from a tremendous budget deficit, but that didn’t stop the state Legislature from approving the billion-dollar funding for the next great boondoggle for this country — a high speed rail line between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- A Lew Rockwell’s site, there’s an interesting report from a reader who claims that the TSA’s latest tactic is to expect passengers to stand completely still whenever one of them yells “freeze” in their direction. Are we all suspects now?
- What’s a father to do when his 15-year-old daughter is being bullied by a 13-year-old? In the case of one Connecticut dad, the solution was to pay a 17-year-old girl $20 to beat up the bully.
- If you’re a boy who used to be a girl or a girl who used to be a boy, you’ll be happy to know that Denver is ready to accommodate your transgender status the next time you get arrested there.
- We don’t know anything more about this story than what you’ll see on this brief video, which was obviously shot with a smartphone. A woman alleges that she caught an undercover New York police officer in her car stealing money — and the guy certainly seems in a hurry to get away from her. No wonder cops hate video cameras.