by Staff Monkeys
- In what must be disappointing news for Obama campaign strategists, a new poll shows that a full 75 percent of likely voters want lower taxes, not higher taxes. The Obama administration wants to raise the top tax rate to approximately 40 percent, a level that only 4 percent of likely voters favored in the poll.
- Speaking of Obama, the latest Rasmussen poll shows that the president has lost support for his job approval lately. What’s worse, trial heats against the Republican candidates show that Obama is now losing to both Mitt Romney and Ron Paul by slight margins. A lot can change between now and November, but it’s not good news for the Obama team.
- Although savings edged slightly higher earlier in the current economic downturn, Americans are starting to slide back into their old habits. New numbers show that Americans are charging more and more money on credit cards. This story claims that credit card debt is nearing “toxic levels.”
- China seems to be the home of some of the wackiest counterfeit products we’ve ever heard of. With the huge popularity of Apple’s iPhone, it’s a commonly counterfeited item, but this “Apple iPhone” product is downright goofy. Counterfeiters wanting to cash in on the iPhone boom have started selling gas stoves bearing the “Apple iPhone” brand name with the familiar bitten apple logo.
- If you want a job interview, it’s probably not a great idea to show up naked to make the request. It’s probably also not a good idea to ramble incoherently and then fight with police officers who are called to help out. The story doesn’t say whether he was scheduled for an interview, but we assume not.
- This must just be the week for news about naked men at work. A man in Fort Worth was sentenced to 18 years in prison for child porn and indecent exposure, but it all started because he was in public view in a warehouse while he was working buck naked. When police arrived to check out reports of a naked man, that was bad enough for him, but it got worse when the man returned to his desk to get clothes, where police saw child porn on his computer. He also turned out to have marijuana at work. We assume he was a bit high at the time.