by Staff Monkeys
- Those who favor legal abortion argue passionately that women have the right to decide whether to have a baby or not. In their arguments, nothing is more important than the woman having the right to choose whether to have a baby or abort it. But when women want to make that choice based on the sex of the child, suddenly it’s a horribly immoral choice. Why? Why is is moral to allow them to make the choice to kill the growing baby, but not if they consider something others don’t want considered? Pretty hypocritical, huh?
- Until the U.S. Supreme Court ruled recently that police aren’t allowed to track people with GPS devices without a warrant, the use of those devices had become very common. It became clear Friday just how widespread that tracking had been when the FBI’s general counsel said the decision shut down 3,000 GPS devices. It’s interesting that the quit using them rather than justify their use to courts to get warrants — suggesting that they weren’t too concerned about probably cause all along.
- If you have an “unlimited” data plan from your cellphone provider, but the company decides to start slowing down the data speed to keep you from using what it promised you, that might irritate you. One California man took AT&T to court over the issue. A judge agreed that the company was wrong and awarded him $850.
- Despite loud beating on war drums from Israel and some elements in the United States, U.S. intelligence agencies see no hard evidence that Iran has decided to build a nuclear bomb. We figure they at least want to be able to, since Israel has nukes already.
- If you’re among those who still cares what a bunch of insulated old fogies in Hollywood thinks are the good movies, here’s a list of the 2012 Oscars winners from Sunday night.
- A college soccer player in Georgia made one of the dumber decisions of her 19-year-old life last week when she decided to steal an order of hash browns from a restaurant instead of paying for them. A restaurant employee saw her put the hash browns in her pants and then leave without paying for them, so she called the police. This means this idiot endangered her scholarship and future over an order worth $1.06.